top of page
Clean Bubbles
Clean Bubbles


Hiring a helper can be confusing, especially if it's your first time. But don't you worry! We'll walk you through it!

We've prepared this page for you where you can find the answers to most of the queries that are frequently asked by our clients!



Who is eligible to hire a foreign domestic helper (FDH) in Hong Kong? 

As per Hong Kong Labour Laws, a person who is eligible to hire a foreign domestic helper must be a Hong Kong resident with a monthly household income of no less than HK$15,000 or assets of comparable amount to support the expenses for the entire (i.e. 2 years) contractual period.

How much is the basic salary of a foreign domestic helper in Hong Kong?

The minimum salary of a foreign domestic helper in Hong Kong is HK$4,630 per month (for contracts signed on or after October 1, 2021. See for the latest updates regarding wages).
-The employer must also provide food to each helper OR  pay food allowance of HK$1,173 per month per each helper that you employ. 

If I decide to hire through an agency, how much does it cost to hire a foreign domestic helper in Hong Kong?

Rates may vary depending on the employment agency you hire. Some charge higher than others. Also, the costs largely depend on the process in which you wish to hire a FDH; (i.e. Hiring a helper who is already in HK versus hiring someone from overseas or if you want a full placement, direct hire, or contract renewal.)  

TP3 Limited offers its services at an affordable price ( ranging from as low as HK$1,800 only).  Feel free to compare us with other agencies in HK! To view our services and pricing, click here.

How long does the entire  hiring process usually take? 

Normally, the hiring process for each helper takes around 4 - 6 weeks for local hire and 2 months when hiring from overseas.  However, due to the current Covid-19 situation, the process may take around 6-8 weeks for local hire, and 4-6 months for overseas hire. (A detailed breakdown of the timeline is available upon request. Contact our team to learn more!)
That's why it is best to plan ahead of time, and hire an agency that is already familiar with all the requirements and procedures, so as to avoid further delays

How can I check which agencies to trust? 

Under the laws of Hong Kong, all employment agencies are required to apply for licenses from the Employment Agencies Administration (EAA) before undertaking any job placement business. Before you hire an agency, use the search engine on the EAA Portal to check its license and credentials. 

TP3 Limited is accredited and licensed by the Hong Kong Labour Department. See our page on the HK Labour Department Employment Agencies Portal here:

Did you find the answers you were looking for?

If you need more information, don't hesitate to ask!
Book a call now! 

WHATSAPP:  +852 9385 7818   
or email us at

bottom of page